I have a Master's degree in Community, Agriculture, Recreation, and Resource Studies from Michigan State University. My research focus was on sustainable community food systems and my final professional project was project manager for the creation of a community and children's garden. I went on to become permaculture certified through midwest permaculture. Permaculture is a design system for sustainable living.
In addition to my environmental studies, I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
Meditation is also key to my work. I was taught to meditate (kriya yoga) by Ananada minister Lorne Dekun, a man of great spiritual wisdom. I have now been meditating for the past 10 years while also actively working always to grow spiritually and fulfill my purpose/message in this life. The healing message I'm here to share with you has at its core a spiritual awakening for the mutual flourishing of both people and planet.
The ecological and human health crisis originate from the same root problem. . . human disconnection from nature. I work to heal this estranged relationship for the mutual flourishing of both people and planet. I teach this healing at the university level, at Northern Michigan University and also in the broader community in both group settings and individual coaching. I teach practical habits for healthy, green living. I love showing people the pathway to holistic health and flourishing: spirit, mind, body, and earth.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in both ecological and human health issues. Drawing on my expertise, I work with groups and clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, happiness, and overall ability to live well in a place on earth.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.